I was a patient at Craig Hatfield in fairmont WV and had appointment to get my teeth cleaned. When I entered I was told of a previous balance I had with the office. $64. when I gave them my insurance benefits credit card to use, the said they use pay pal only and it has not been taking patients benefits debit cards, which is a visa. I pay all my office co pays and balances to all my medical and dental bills with this card and it is accepted by all, except for this particular dentist. When I complained they said to have a seat and they would get the office manager.

while waiting another patient was complaining about her insurance verification and how they had screwed it up and when i heard this I commented to her that they apparently did not have their act together and that i will be going somewhere else to get mu teeth cleaned. I then told the front desk I would be making out a check for the balance ans would not be back. the office manager heard my complaint and went to get the dentist who then came out and asked me to leave in a angry confrontational way. He threatened to call the police if I did not leave. I was dumbfounded. What has just happened...what is going on? No..let me see what we can do to satisfy you..or who was rude to you..just leave. I left and went to the car and cried.

Since the incident they have since sent me an invoice with a charge of not cancelling my apt within 24 hrs. even though I was there...

Review about: Dr Marcus C Hatfield Dental Service.

Had an Experience with Dr Marcus C Hatfield?

Comments

To the One Time Patient, you seem to know more about how the office works, and less about how to pay your bill on time.You actually sound like a disgruntled ex-emoployee who needs to get a life and move on.

Stop being a loser and pay your bill.If you don't pay what your insurance company tells you to pay, that office can report you to the insurance company and they will terminate your coverage for breach of contract.

:grin I have NEVER had a problem with him or his staff. My daughter shadowed there for dental school, and loves them. I have seen Dr. Hatfield many times, and he is by far the best dentist around. To the "one time patient" How does he treat his staff? I know two of the girls that work for him and LOVE him. They have been there for years.

You say "He pays them for lunch but they aren't permitted to leave" Have you ever ran a business? I don't know why he would ever pay for a lunch but if I am paying for someones lunch, i wouldn't allow them to leave either!

VERY BRILLIANT - He installed a device so none of his staff can get cell phone service inside his building.

I want one of these for my office, if there is such a thing. You know how many people lay on their phones and STEAL company time?

Who cares about his son? You seriously seem like an old hag that needs to get a life! Grow up!

I too was a patient of this office and found the staff very rude.As for the dentist, he didn't even tell me if I needed to come back and have any teeth filled, never mentioned the 2 teeth they were broken.

I had insurance which paid my cleaning in full as well as the bitew wings I had done. I will never go back to this office again. I later learned how he treated his staff, no wonder they were all so rude.

He pays them for lunch but they aren't permitted to leave.He installed a device so none of his staff can get cell phone service inside his building, he had manadotory staff meetings and doesn't pay his staff for attending and he has his son who is under the age of 5 running around the office.

Hello, first let me explain the "real story" She did not pay her bill for several months, and we sent her statements that she ignored so she was past due on a balance. If you owe someone money, you should pay it before you rack more of a bill up. Secondly, you were cursing in front of a 5 year old child and thats why I was angry and asked you to leave. You acted like an 8 year old whiny baby, when paypal didn't accept the card. Our main credit card machine was down, and it was fixed right after.

You seriously need a life before you get on a public website and start bashing someone. I don't think you even remember the entire story as you were so very rude to my girls in the front, no one wanted to even deal with you.

If there is a problem, hows about next time, be a "grown up" and pick up the phone and call, instead of being a little baby and posting *** *** on the internet that no one really gives a rats *** about.

:cry :cry